- For shared charters (i.e. Snapper, Kingfish, Big Game and Stray Lining charters), payment for each person must be made in full, in advance, via our online booking system. Payment can be made securely by credit card over the internet using PayPal.
- For Full Day Fishing Charters, a non-returnable 20% deposit is required in advance. Please contact us directly to book your Full Day Charter. Deposits can be paid securely by credit card over the internet using PayPal.
- Refunds will only be given in the unlikely event of a cancellation by us due to unsafe weather conditions or boat malfunction.
- We will attempt to give you as much notice as possible of a cancellation due to weather, and will send notification to the ticket email address used for booking and a text message to the number entered when making the booking online. If there is a breakdown in the email and text message notification system - normally caused by incorrect entry when booking - it is your responsibility to check on the booking calendar to ensure the trip hasn't got "CANCELLED" entered above it.
- If you paid with PayPal, refunds will automatically if your payment was made less than 60 days prior. For all other payments you will receive an email with a PayPal link to click to receive your refund to your bank acount.
- Unfortunately there may be occasions due to sudden changes in conditions when we are forced to cancel directly before the trip, or even shorten the trip while in progress. If we have to shorten your trip due to bad weather or boat malfunctions, we will refund a proportion of the cost of the trip, based on the remaining trip time.
By booking you are accepting us sending you a newsletter - which you can un-subscribe to after the first one.
We have no issue with alcohol consumption or smoking on board
except when interfering with the safety, or the comfort of other
passengers. Where excess consumption of alcohol does
jeopardize safety, Anglers Anonymous reserves the right to
terminate the trip with no refund due - or to safely remove any
affecting passengers wherever we see suitable!
When you come on a charter with us, the catch will be shared
amongst all of the customers on the boat. We are
responsible for allocating this.
We love fishing, and we want to preserve the enjoyment of Bay of Islands fishing for
future generations. That's why we whole-heartedly support sustainable and responsible
fishing, and encourage ‘catch and release' as much as possible on our charters.
Our commitment to sustainable fishing means:
- We generally throw back big fish because they're important breeding stock.
- We have a 100% catch. release policy on all shared kingfish charters.
- Our own maximum catch. minimum size guidelines exceed NZ govt. regulations.
Our Snapper Fishing Policy
- 3 fish limit per person.
- Only one fish over 10lb per person.
- Minimum fish size 32cm, as opposed to NZ Govt. regulation 27cm.
Our Kingfish Fishing Policy
- 100% catch & release on all shared charters.
- One fish limit per trip for full charters.
- Minimum size 100cm, as opposed to NZ Govt. regulation 75cm.
Our Hapuka & Bass Fishing Policy
- One fish of either species limit per person.
Our Kahawai Fishing Policy
- 3 fish limit per person.
- You must pay for any damage you cause to the boat or its fittings, or any rods and reels that you damage or lose overboard, even if accidentally.
- You are not liable for any normal wear and tear or gear failures, such as reels jamming or rods breaking when the rod to line angle is greater than 90 degrees. Rods do occasionally break when used improperly, and we can advise you on this if you are unsure, so please just ask.
- You must pay extra for any soft baits or jigs you use. We do carry plenty of these on board, however due to the cost of these items we cannot offer them for free like we can with fresh and live bait, and associated tackle. Jigs average between NZ$30 - NZ$40, and you are welcome to bring your own if you think you can find them cheaper! But unfortunately we cannot find any manufacturers willing to offer us a discount on these items.
- You must follow the skippers instructions at all times while onboard. Our primary concern is for your safety, and you must comply with any instructions from the skipper immediately and without argument. This includes donning lifejackets when asked to due to unsafe weather conditions.
- Limitation of liability
Notwithstanding anything else expressed or implied in these terms and except where a statute requires otherwise, Anglers Anonymous shall not be liable whether in contract, tort or otherwise for:
(a) any injury to persons or damage to property; or
(b) any direct, indirect, consequential, financial or economic loss or damage to property
arising out of any act or omission of Anglers Anonymous.
- On booking with Anglers Anonymous the Customer shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms, conditions and policies.
- Anglers Anonymous reserves the right to review and change these terms, conditions and policies at any time.